Monday, April 21, 2008

Mother's Day Invitation

I am taking my family this weekend to see Anita Renfroe, a phe-Mom (genius, witty and wise), who somehow filled the void that  Erma Bombeck left. Check the You Tube below with her singing Momsense Song to the tune of William Tell Overture.

This entry is dedicated to all my friends who are MOMs for real and those who are MOMs in spirit.

I invite you all to my house on May 10th for a "Southern Belle Style High Tea." No hoop skirts required, come naked if you want but hats and gloves will be de riguer. Bring your twangiest accent or fake a British accent. I am concocting a surprise menu. Do not flinch, this will not be one of the "Bayou Nights" party I throw where I serve some bizarre stuff like nutria stew.               

(This is the edited version. I learn something everyday. Lesson learned the day I wrote the original entry: Though riesling and blogging rhyme, they are not compatible. Typos and grammar lapses result from the combination.)

                       

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is great and with all the passing around through jland I'm sure everyone has seen it, but how fun you get to see her in person....
Enjoy!!
Happy Mother's Day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

HEY MAN, SHE IS REALLY COOL....JUST TO LET U KNOW, I WILL BE THERE BRIGHT AND EARLY ON MOM'S DAY..IF U DONT GET TO SEE ME..WELL, YOU GOOFED..I WILL FOLLOW MY NOSE TO THAT GREAT FOOD... ROBERTA