Thursday, March 13, 2008

Live Your Dreams!

"There is nothing like dream to create the future. Utopia to-day, flesh and blood tomorrow. "
 
~Victor Hugo, Les Miserables, 1862, French dramatist, novelist, & poet (1802 - 1885)

 

             

 

To my son, an Anglophile, who can't wait to go across the universe:
 
You have my permission to explore the world whenever you decide to do so. I will miss you so much that I will be filled with anxiety for your safety and well being while you are away but I will get over it.
 
Writing this may be  premature because you promised me that you do not intend to live in England until you get your college degree.  I guess I am concerned about your plan of going on an European trip. Though I know you have a record of making good decisions, your great passion for English artifacts and culture scares the bejeesus out of me. 
 
You got it here in writing. I will never hold you back and will support your decision whatever it is. You can't take me with you but you can take my unconditional  love in your heart. I do not have to write it but I will anyway: I love you more than you'll ever know.   
 
Mom

No comments: