Sunday, June 17, 2007

YOU'RE THE MAN!

               HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

                   

 

High from the earth I heard a bird

                                                       Emily Dickinson (1896)

High from the earth I heard a bird;
He trod upon the trees
As he esteemed them trifles,
And then he spied a breeze,
And situated softly
Upon a pile of wind
Which in a perturbation
Nature had left behind.
A joyous-going fellow
I gathered from his talk,
Which both of benediction
And badinage partook,
Without apparent burden,
I learned, in leafy wood
He was the faithful father
Of a dependent brood;
And this untoward transport
His remedy for care,—
A contrast to our respites.
How different we are!

You are the best FATHER ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

after a long rain...these cuties show up in our yard digging for food...I always thought they were so different...but love watching them...
Great pic
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

great picture

Anonymous said...

hi dc...here is the link you wanted...hope u find me..roberta

Anonymous said...

I missed your entries!  As you can see I have been bad on reading my journals so I am just commenting now, what a nice poem!  I just fixed my entry you should be able to see the pictures now...LOL
Tabby :)